Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The most common reason given for the purchase of a memory foam mattress topper is to make a sleep surface more comfortable. This type of topper has more of the features that people are looking for and is therefore, the most popular. You will also find that the majority of reviews are positive because the industry reports an 87% positive satisfaction rate which is the highest for all mattress toppers.
It is important that the surface of the mattress that you plan to use as a base for your mattress topper be flat and of medium firmness. Because of its unique characteristics, memory foam will not work well on a damaged or badly worn mattress.
Pluses and Minuses of a Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Fewer aches and pains. Because memory foam contours to the shape of your body it offers better support to your joints
- Less motion transfer means that you are less likely to have your sleep disturbed by the movement of your partner or that they will be affected by yours.
- If allergies are a problem for you there are hypo-allergenic options available.
- They are very durable. You can expect your memory foam mattress topper to retain its shape for many years.
- Depending on the thickness and density you choose, you should have no problem finding the firmness you desire.
- Some customers complain of a chemical smell when they first remove the topper from its packaging. To solve this problem just air it out for a few days before placing it on the bed.
- Memory foam absorbs body heat causing over heating for some people. If this may be a problem for you look for a brand that addresses this problem.
- They can be difficult to clean. Surface cleaning with a mild cleaning solution is really your only option.
Some memory foam is infused with gel beads that are said to provide a cooler sleep temperature. Others are infused with green tea extract or activated charcoal to reduce or eliminate odor. There are also toppers that are infused with magnet that are supposed to provide pain relief. We will review these products at a later date.
As we stated previously, the customer satisfaction rate on memory foam mattress toppers is very high. Price is a factor as far as durability is concerned but not a factor concerning comfort. Read online product reviews. These can be very helpful and can easily be found doing a simple product search.
I find the reviews at Amazon.com particularly good. With a little bit of research we are sure you will find just the right mattress topper for you.
Related: Zotto Mattress Reviews