If you wake up stiff, sore or restless, then its probably time for a new mattress. But you have to consider that not all mattresses are made the same.
A firm mattress may not be the best choice for you. You have to determine how you sleep in order to identify the type of mattress you need.
Helping you find the best rated mattress that meets your needs is what we are about. We know that a good choice will make it possible for you to sleep soundly, wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
If you are particular about the furniture that makes this possible- your mattress and bed, you have come to the right place.
Here you will find mattress reviews and ratings of such brands as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, Sleepeezee and many more. You will learn more about the different mattress features and how they affect your sleep.
We also cover different types of mattresses such memory foam mattress, innerspring mattresses, and latex mattresses. We have done all the research that you will ever need to make the choice of the best mattress for you.
What Will I Gain from Reading Your Best Mattress Reviews?
- The Top 10 Mattress Buying Tips that will save you time and money: The information we provide will let you narrow down your research as you decide which mattress you need to buy.
- We have the best mattress reviews for all the major as well as the little know mattress brands
- You will gain a keen understanding of which mattress size is most suitable for you and your family.
Why is it Important that You Get the Right Mattress For You?
There’s a solution to your tossing and turning.
Let’s see, you've noticed that you have not been sleeping well. You wake up with aches, pains, numbness and a general feeling of “what a bad night”.
You have a niggling feeling that this has to do with that piece of furniture that you will spend a third of your life on. Your bed!
You now want to buy the best rated mattress that will suit your needs at the best price.
Perhaps you are trying to balance between buying a cheap mattress against the value of a good quality one. You do not want to buy the first one you see at the nearest shop but you have no idea what to look for.
- We take away the frustration. You are perhaps overwhelmed by the different mattress brands out there. There are more than 18 top brands of mattresses! Do you go for Sealy, Serta, Simmons, Tempurpedic, Sleepeezee, Hypnos, or Jasmine?
- Confused with what memory foam mattresses and latex mattresses are? Well, the choice seems endless nut our memory foam and latex mattress reviews will be most useful.
- Each mattress brand has its own different lines such as Simmons, which has the following different lines: Beauty Rest World Class, Premium Beauty Rest, Ultra Premium Beautyrest and Super Premium Beautyrest Class Cresendo. Here again, we help you choose the best mattress model that suits you.
- Complexity of mattress choice: With the different mattress types do you for continuous coil mattresses, open coil mattresses, pocket sprung mattresses, memory foam mattress, pure foam mattress or latex mattress?
- There's further the complexity of mattress companies giving different names to the same mattress when sold in different shops or different locations. Knowledge is power.
- We focus on your needs. You will first have to decide what your needs are. What mattress size or dimensions are you looking for? Do you share a bed with someone or not? Or are you looking for a crib mattress?
- Price matters: How much are you looking to spend on your new mattress? Is it safe to invest in a cheap mattress? Do you prefer buying online to take advantage of the lower costs offered by online merchants such as Amazon and Ebay? Or would you prefer to see, feel, and try the mattress from your local dealer? We explore the advantages and disadvantages of either methods of purchase.
- What About Keeping Creepy Crawlies from your best Mattress? We have gone a step further by informing you how to keep bed bugs out of your mattress using the best mattress covers for bed bugs.
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Shopping for a New Mattress
Buying a new mattress is a daunting task that few relish. The range of prices, features, and stores can make your head spin.
But it doesn’t have to be this difficult. Bearing a few things in mind while you try and find that perfect place to sleep can ease that big purchase tension.
1. Don’t limit your mattress search to innerspring mattresses.
Innersprings mattresses have long been the standard and for that reason many people are inclined to shop accordingly.
Recently though, that trend has been changing as more and more people are realizing the benefits of getting-edge sleep systems. Latex and memory foam mattresses are superior to innersprings in comfort, support, and cheaper.
2. Explore what will best suit your needs.
It is easy to be swept up in advertising and form opinions about products without ever having tried them or done any further research. This is one of the biggest mistakes to be made when shopping for a mattress.
Being dead set on having a memory foam mattress can blind you to the possibility that latex, with its antimicrobial properties and breathability may be a better mattress for you. You may find that memory foam is what you needed, but it is important to keep your mind open.
3. Don’t be sidetracked by trends or gimmicks.
Though it may seem like fun to change the firmness of your bed every night through products like air beds, it is not worth losing the support your body needs.
Find a mattress that is customizable but continues to offer support. For example, it is easy to customize latex mattresses to any firmness level without losing support, even for couples.
4. Know the difference between firmness and support.
It is a common misconception that firmer is better. This theory has been debunked.
As it turns out the human body does in fact have curves. The best mattress for you will relieve pressure points while supporting your body.
5. Don’t buy more than you need.
Many mattress sellers will try and sell you a whole new mattress set even if you already have a perfectly good box spring.
If your box spring isn’t broken don’t replace it. In the case of a platform bed, which provides more under bed storage, a box spring is unnecessary.
6. Know what the exchange policy is.
Being stuck on an uncomfortable mattress that cost you a fortune is a miserable experience.
Many retailers have exchange policies extending up to a month to ensure that you know the mattress you buy is the mattress you want. Know what the store’s policy is before thinking about buying.
7. Take into account the importance of a good night’s sleep.
A lot of people undervalue the time they spend in bed.
A cheap innerspring mattress will not relieve pressure points near as well as memory foam or latex, which means more tossing and turning, and less deep restful sleep.
8. Don’t be too attached to brand names.
Name brand products are often very high quality. However, many smaller scale manufacturers and retailers generate comparable and often superior products at a fraction of the price.
9. Take into consideration the longevity of the mattress.
Mattress lifespan is important to consider because it affects the cost of the mattress relative to time.
A good latex mattress will remain a premium sleeping surface for twice as long as any innerspring mattress. Be sure to ask about warranties on any mattress you are considering.
10. Be sure to know the features and benefits.
Knowing the features and benefits is the only way to decide which mattress is going to work best for you. To the uninformed eye a cover is a cover. To someone in the know, a cover is an amazing feature.
Some covers are antimicrobial to reduce the number of allergens in the sleeping area. Some breathe better than others allowing excess moisture to be rapidly dissipated. Still others stretch to form to your body. Remember that there are important considerations when choosing a mattress cover.
With these tips in hand, it's easier to focus on the ultimate goal of achieving a comfortable, restful sleep.
Inquire into new technologies and investigate as many different options as possible using the internet before you walk into a store.
Use these points to form your own list of preferences and questions and take your business to someone who listens to your questions and answers them honestly. The most powerful ally for any consumer, after all, is preparation!