Best Latex Mattress Toppers 2019: Reviews and Buying Guide
Last Updated on
A Latex foam mattress topper offers many of the advantages of the other types and in our opinion, fewer of the disadvantages.
They can be made of 100% natural latex or a blend of synthetic and natural. It is worth noting that most buyers have reported that they are equally comfortable.
Latex is very durable. Natural latex toppers can last as long as twenty years and the synthetic ones even longer.
The two methods used to process natural latex are Talalay and Dunlop. I won’t go into too much detail about that here. Talalay is the more expensive process. Talalay yields a softer product while Dunlop yields a more durable one.
Just like memory foam, a latex foam mattress topper conforms to the shape of your body, giving excellent support where it’s needed, eliminating pressure points.
Motion transfer is not a problem so you don’t have to be concerned about disturbing or being disturbed by the movement of your partner.
Latex breathes and doesn’t absorb heat so body temperature regulation is not a problem no matter what climate you live in.Latex is naturally anti-microbial and hypoallergenic. It is also bacteria, mold, and dust mite resistant making it an excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
People with latex allergies should be cautious when considering the purchase of a natural latex foam mattress topper. That said, the manufacturing method used makes it unlikely that allergies would be a problem.
Natural Latex is also a good “green” choice because it’s made from natural, sustainable, and biodegradable materials. Unlike memory foam you don’t have to be concerned about a chemical smell when you first unpack it or off gassing once it is on your bed.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Latex Foam Mattress Topper
- These toppers offer excellent support. The elimination of pressure points means that you are less likely to wake up with back, neck, or joint pain.
- Because there is very little motion transfer it is less likely that your sleep will be disturbed by your partner.
- Its breathable nature and the fact that it doesn’t absorb body heat makes it an excellent temperature regulator.
- Its natural resistance to bacteria, mold, mildew, and dust mites makes this topper an excellent choice for allergy sufferers.
- Natural latex foam mattress toppers are made from sustainable and biodegradable materials making them a good “green” choice.
- Unlike memory foam there is no chemical smell.
- These toppers cannot be washed so spot cleaning is your only option
- May be a problem for latex allergy sufferers
The customer reviews for latex foam mattress toppers we have read have been overwhelmingly positive. We would suggest that when doing further research you be sure to read the customer reviews and recommendations that can easily be found online. We find reviews on amazon.co very helpful.
1. Ergosoft Latex Mattress Topper
The Ergosoft Latex Mattress Topper has a well deserved reputation for durability, resilience, longevity, and its luxurious feel. The latex material is springy and very resilient, so individuals with heavier body mass can enjoy the firm feel and expect that the mattress topper can support their weight and spring back recovering time and time again from use.
The topper is made of natural latex and is anti-microbial and hypoallergenic.This makes it the perfect choice for those who suffer from allergies. The poly fill helps to absorb body moisture and the mattress pad cover helps protect the topper and gives the material more “breath-ability”. This topper is especially designed for individuals who are sensitive to synthetic additives because this is made of pure natural latex. The product will give individuals who may need a new mattress the ability to delay purchasing one by purchasing the topper instead.
Ergosoft Latex Mattress Topper Features:
- They are naturally hypoallergenic and anti-microbial
- These toppers are made from 100% pure natural white latex
- This latex topper is produced from “green” and sustainable materials
- It provides a greater range of firmness/softness than other latex toppers
- This model supplies comes with air ventilation perforation which keeps the topper dry and fresh
- These toppers offer very good support. This reduces the likelihood of pressure points which means you are less likely to wake up in the morning with joint aches and pains.
- People with latex allergies or sensitivities should purchase one of the models that claims to remove the proteins that cause allergic reactions to latex. One such company is the Arizona Premium Mattress Company.
This Latex mattress topper has many positive aspects including that it is made of good, quality materials that are natural and “green”. There is no odor and it feels spongy yet very supportive. Does not give the sinking-into feeling like memory foam. Perfect for when the mattress is too firm as it retains the firmness of the mattress but allows the individual to experience a more comfortable sleep.
It is difficult to find anything negative to say about the ErgoSoft Natural Latex Mattress Topper except maybe that some may expect it to replace a saggy, worn out mattress in which case they will be disappointed. If purchased without a cover, a mattress pad will do nicely, so the cover isn’t necessary but is available to purchase if desired.
The Ergosoft Natural Latex Mattress Topper is highly recommended for anyone desiring a good night’s rest or for individuals tired of the smell of memory foam mattresses. The ErgoSoft Natural Topper is ideal for the overweight individual because this particular topper will retain its resiliency and firmness use after use.
Anyone interested in buying natural or “green” products will be happy with their purchase of this topper. This topper is also ideal for individuals with sensitivities to synthetic additives or those that benefit from hypoallergenic products. This product can save you money if your mattress is too firm or you desire a softer, more comfortable night’s sleep, don’t replace the mattress, buy this topper instead.