If you want to ensure healthy, restful, and comfortable sleep throughout the duration of your pregnancy then the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is a great choice.
This is our most highly recommended maternity pillow, and it is hugely popular on Amazon with great reviews and many satisfied and well rested mothers (and baby too!).
Toss that stack of pillows off your bed, there’s no need to spend 10 minutes expertly arranging your pillows to get them just right (never mind shifting or changing positions at night!)
The Snoogle pregnancy pillow provides perfect comfort and much needed support for your hips, back, and tummy as baby grows and your body changes.
Note: Some expecting mommies may prefer our #2 ranked Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow which offers a slightly different combination of design & support.
Features of the Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow
The Snoggle Pregnancy Pillow is made of 100% polyester fiber-fill which helps to provide great temperature control to help keep you cool and comfy.
removable and machine washable allowing you to easily keep your pillow clean, fresh, and as snuggle-worthy as possible! Not only is the pillow great for sleeping but it’s prefect for post-natal relaxation and breastfeeding once baby arrives.
Another really nice feature that we like is that the headrest is designed to allow you to easily adjust your positioning and height, which makes it perfect for those of us that struggle with acid reflux or heart burn during pregnancy.
- check Very cool and comfortable
- check Great total body support for knees, hips, back and tummy
- check Reduces aches and pains
- check Significantly improves sleep during pregnancy
- check Helps you to breath easily
- check Filling retains its supportive qualities and doesn’t go flat
- check Designated to support natural curvature of the body
- It is very big and takes up a lot of space on the bed (too bad for hubby)
- Removing the case is a pain (but still do-able)
One thing to keep in mind is that no pregnancy pillow is going to be perfect for every single expecting mother.
Each woman is unique, has a different body, and requires varying degrees of support and comfort.
However, with that said, this is our #1 pregnancy pillow recommendation and in our opinion there is no better pillow to get as your first choice. It’s one of the most popular products on the market and has great reviews and feedback from many customers.
Today’s Mom has done a great job with this pregnancy pillow, and it makes a perfect alternative to our #1 ranked Snoogle Total Body Pillow, as some women may find they prefer this design over single length design of the Snoogle.
Both pillows are great and it really is a matter of personal preference and what you’re looking for in a pillow.
What sets this pregnancy pillow apart is it’s size, double sided design, and the head support which is much more like a traditional pillow. You can also turn it around and cross the leg supports into a backrest and use it to sit upright in bed.
Many women have complained that pregnancy pillows fail to support the shoulder correctly, or even have hard edges that tend to dig into the shoulder.
Today’s Mom has specifically designed this pillow to provide maximum should comfort, in addition to extra cozy belly, lumbar, and head support.
One of our favorite features is it’s double sided design which means you can easily shift and turn during the night without having to re-arrange or move your pillow. This is one feature that helps to keep hubby happy!
The pillow itself is made of 50% polyester and 50% cotton, with a 200 thread count percale. It also has a very easy to remove zipper-cover, which seems to be a rare feature for some reason.
- check It is like sleeping on a cloud
- check Contours VERY well to the body, adding support to all the right places
- check Easily switch from side to side without moving the pillow
- check Doesn’t go flat or lose its shape
- check Designed for extra shoulder support
- check Best for nursing
- check Easy to remove zipper cover for machine washing
- exclamation-triangle It is very big. It will take up nearly half of a queen size mattress
- exclamation-triangle May not be comfortable for smaller women (below 5″3)
Today’s Mum Cozy Comfort Pillow is one of the highest rated, most popular, and most comfiest (yup, I just said that) maternity pillows on the market.
Not only will you sleep better, feel better, and enjoy snuggling this big comfy pillow all throughout your pregnancy, but you may just fall in love with it enough to continue using it even after baby arrives!
This is something many women have reported, they just can’t part with it, that’s how comfortable it is.
3. Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow
When you compare this single-sided design to the similarly designed Snoogle pillow, you can see that Boppy has settle on a more tightly integrated and contoured form that aims to provide more targeted support to the neck, belly, back, and hips.
One advantage to this is that if it fits you, it will fit you really well and you will be extremely comfortable, possibly more comfortable than with any of the other pillows we have reviewed.
The down-side to this is that it just doesn’t seem to be comfortable to some who seem to prefer a straighter full body pillow design.
The Boppy Prenatal Total Body Pillow is made of 50% Cotton (Pima) and 50% Polyester, it has a removable cover that is machine washable and is designed to naturally contour to your body and provide maximum spinal alignment and support for your neck, belly, back, and hips.
The Boppy brand is a highly respected and popular brand that provides many helpful products to expecting mothers, so you know you are getting a quality and reliable maternity pillow.
- check Contoured design for more targeted support
- check Maximum spinal alignment and support for neck, tummy, hips and back.
- check Single-sided, takes up less space in bed
- check Long-lasting filling that doesn’t go flat
- check Helps you transition to side sleeping
- exclamation-triangle You will have to move it when switching sides during the night
- exclamation-triangle It may not be right for those who prefer a straight full body design
This is a great maternity pillow that is hugely popular on the Amazon market place, and is produced by a very reputable and trustworthy company.
The contoured design may or may not be to your liking depending on how you sleep (legs curled up, or legs straight down), but chances are it will give you the comfy, cozy, restful sleep you’ve been waiting for!
The Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow is another full length body pillow that has become quite popular with moms-to-be.
It’s designed for support and comfort from head to toe and although it takes up a lot of space you can be sure that not a single part of your body will be uncomfortable.If you have been arranging multiple pillows and still struggling to get comfy – or finding that your knees, hips, or back aches when you lie on your side – then this could be just what you need to get a good night sleep!
One of the key features of this pregnancy pillow is that it has a gusseted neck and shoulder area.
Many moms have complained that some of the other full body pillows can kind of dig in or put pressure on these areas, so when Naomi Home decided to design their own maternity pillow they made it a priority to make sure this area was as comfortable as possible.This pillow can be arranged in a variety of positions or formations for different sitting and laying positions in bed. You can also use it prenatal or postnatal for breastfeeding and relaxing with your new baby.In addition to the well thought out shoulder and neck support area, they have also designed the seams to be smooth and made sure there are no hard edges to dig into any part of the body, something that has been a common complain with other pillows.It is made of 100% cotton and 300 thread count percale and it has a removable cover that is machine washable.
Pregnancy Pillow : What Shape is Right for You?
After you find out the good news about your pregnancy, your mind may soon shift to the discomfort of the whole process. A growing abdomen and baby means quite a few sleepless nights in the future. A pregnancy pillow can help you avoid the many discomforts of pregnancy. Choosing the right shape to give you the most comfort is not always easy. Consider the following shapes to get the comfort that you are looking for.
- The standard pregnancy pillow. This pillow is a very large, regular shaped body pillow. Some moms prefer this pillow because of its functionality. It can serve as a wedge to help support the belly. It is large enough to encompass the whole body providing comfort the back, neck, legs, and other key areas. The standard pregnancy pillow will be the most cost effective.
- The bean shaped pregnancy pillow. This pillow is designed to support the stomach on one side and the back on the other. Looking more like two pillows in one, the bean shaped pillow provides support where it is needed most during pregnancy.
- C shaped pregnancy pillows. The most popular pillows on the market today is the C shaped maternity pillow. Shaped in the form of a “C,” it allows mothers to lay in the position that doctors highly recommend. This position helps keep adequate oxygen supply to the baby while mom sleeps. One of the top rated “C” shaped pillows is the Snoogle Maternity Pillow. It has received very high ratings from mothers who have used it.
- “J” and “U” shaped pillows. These pillows are the same in that they both have an extended arm with a hook to help mom get comfortable. The “U” shape pillow is recommended for moms who tend to move a lot at night when they are sleeping. If you change from side to side frequently, this is the pillow that you want to go with. The “J” shape pillow is probably the most convenient because it can also be used as other shapes such as the “U” shape pillow.
As you can tell, there are plenty of pregnancy pillows available for you to choose from. Choosing the correct pillow does not have to be difficult. Determine what position that you like to sleep in and choose the shape that will conform to your body and provide you the most comfort possible. Talk with other moms who are experiencing the same discomforts as you are and see what pregnancy pillow they are using. Luckily, pregnancy pillows are relatively inexpensive. You may find yourself trading your pregnancy pillow in for another once your body becomes larger and more uncomfortable. Whatever shape that you decide to choose, expect comfort and relief in the very near future. You cannot go wrong with choosing a pregnancy pillow to be an important part of your pregnancy journey. Pregnancy Pillows Make for the Best Gifts If you are looking for the perfect gift to congratulate an expecting mother, then consider buying a pregnancy pillow. This gift is sure to be appreciated and used heavily throughout the entire pregnancy. Read the following reasons why buying a pregnancy pillow as a gift is the perfect choice for the mom to be in your life. Pregnancy pillows say that you care Those who choose to buy the best pregnancy pillows as gifts often know what an expecting mother will go through in her pregnancy. Giving a pregnancy body pillow as a gift says that you know and understand what it is like to carry an unborn child. In an effort to help mom be as comfortable as possible, choose to give a maternity pillow as a way to say that you care. Pregnancy pillows offer support for a growing belly If you choose to give a pillow as a gift, you will not only be increasing the comfort level of mom but you will also be providing support for her growing belly. As the baby grows, so will mom’s belly and the support that she needs for it during the night. A pregnancy body pillow will allow mom to sleep comfortably on her side while getting a good night rest. Pregnancy pillows will be useful during and after the pregnancy If you are looking for a gift that mom can use throughout her experience with motherhood, choose a pregnancy pillow. During her pregnancy, mom can use the pillow for added support and a way to alleviate the natural aches and pains that are associated with carrying a child. After the pregnancy, mom can use the pillow to help in breastfeeding. There are countless benefits of pregnancy pillows that mom will come to appreciate during and after the pregnancy. You cannot go wrong with giving this as a gift. Pregnancy pillows are cost effective A good maternity pillow is not likely to cost you a great deal of money. This makes it an attractive choice as a gift. Ranging from around $50 – $100 dollars, the money you spend on this pillow as a gift will be well worth the price. The larger the pillow, the higher the price will be. Whether you choose a small pregnancy pillow or a larger one, you will be choosing a cost effective gift that is sure to comfort the mom to be that you know. A pregnancy body pillow will make the perfect gift for an expecting mother If you are having trouble deciding whether or not to buy the pillow, talk to other pregnant moms who own one. Chances are that these mothers can recommend the size and shape of the pregnancy pillow that will work perfect for the expecting mother that you know. When you purchase the best pregnancy pillow as a gift, you will be purchasing comfort and support. This cost effective gift is a great way to say that care.
- check Best Bamboo Pillow Reviews
- check Best Latex Foam Pillows
- check Best Water Pillow Reviews
- check Best Travel Pillow Reviews
- check Best Pillow for Neck Pain